On completion of our certificate II coxswain course you will receive a “Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal (NC)” certificate.
We currently have one Coxswains’ course scheduled, it is a full time courses held over 15 days. The next course is being held from 14 July to 3 August 2016.
All Units of Competency required for Coxswain Grade I are covered in the course, including a LROCP (formally MROCP) radio licence and First Aid certificate. You get the whole certificate course under one roof !
- Must speak English and have writing, reading and basic maths skills.
- Note that AMSA require a minimum age of 16 years to issue a licence.
The holder of this certificate can:
(a) Command and operate a vessel <12 m long in inshore waters, carrying passengers and with propulsion power;
- for an inboard engine – < 500 kW; or
- for an outboard engine – unlimited; and
(b) Under the same propulsion power limits, command an operate vessel <12m long:
- as a tender or auxiliary vessel – within 3 nm of a parent vessel in the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ);
- within waters designated for a specific purpose by a state or territory authority which permits holders of this certificate to operate (subject to any conditions that it may impose).
$3,000.00 (inc. GST)
- Where applicable, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is available.
- As an AMSA Approved Training Provider the certificate you earn upon completing this course is accepted by AMSA towards the issue of a commercial Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal (NC) Licence.
Russell Street, Noosaville
- Our Coxswain courses include all the text books and navigation charts required.
Students will need to bring the following:
- Draftsman’s Compass
- Soft lead pencils
- Chart plotter of parallel rules
- 4 Gig memory stick
A Task Book for Seatime Reduction is also available for a small fee.